After the demise of my late wife, I started an annual family gathering program where we would choose one weekend nearest my birthday in December and find a holiday destination where the whole family meet. I think it started in December 2000 or 2001, first destination Genting Highland.
This project has been very successful in fostering the relationship and kinship of all the family members, big and small. I used to enjoy just looking at the children and the grandchildren enjoying their company and organizing activities.
Over the years since, we have been to various places like K Lumpur, Port Dickson, Fraser's Hill, Cameron Highland, Genting Highland, Pulau Langkawi(twice), Malacca and Ipoh. Must have been more than 10 times, the gatherings had made the family closer.
Ironically, this close relationship among my children has now worked against me! They are now very good in their collaboration in ignoring me!
This is a picture from TY's FB taken in Pantai Cenang, Langkawi in December, 2011. Look how happy we were! My rosy cheek arose from duty free premium beer/stout!

No comments:
Post a Comment