Wednesday, October 31, 2012
I LOST MY FORTUNES!
I used to boast to friends that my seven children are my huge assets, my fortunes! I could not become a millionaire, I said, because I could not have any savings to invest. Being the only breadwinner of the family of nine, I always had to manage my finance so as to keep myself above water!
There were hardly any fixed deposits, only overdrafts. Always not aware of what was the best savings interest rates but knowing that overdraft rates are always 2% above the base rending rates(BSR)!
And there is always the credit cards balance to think about.
I managed to raise seven children(I am Mr 7 Up!). Safe for one daughter, who had a clear idea of what she wanted (to study fine arts) all others are graduates holding university degrees or equivalent. Two went overseas. Eldest son pursued his studies in Canada for 5 years and used up most of my investment funds, estimate of RM300k in early 90's! I had to sell off almost all my investment shares (OCBC, UOB and others)when it was time to pay fees which kept increasing. Youngest daughter went to Taichung when I was relatively well off as a remisier but she spent considerably lesser.
Many people said that raising children is unlike an investment, therefore I must not expect dividend payments. But now I seem to have lost almost all of my assets!
Thinking of such great loss could be painful.
And when do I think of this? Mostly in the middle of the night when I cannot sleep after getting up for urination. Thinking of my children at those times is a real suffering! One by one I thought of them, tracing their growing-up, reminiscing details of their growth. The Chinese term 辗转反侧 is a good description.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment