Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Trip to Macau and Guangdong

Hi everybody,

I am back from a trip to China. This time I had the chance to see more places in the Guangdong province and Macau. I had wanted to go to Fujian and Hongkong as well but the weather was not so favourable. It was raining and the temperature was around 16 degree.

Foshan(佛山) is near within the greater Guangzhou and the main attraction was the Ancestor's Temple that also houses the Huang Fei Hong and Yip Man Museums. The 2 Gongfu masters draw a large number of visitors. It was worth the while since we were also entertained by wushu, lion dance and cultural performances.

Panyu (番禺) is another city close to Guangzhou. We took a Metro trip that costs only RMB7. There we visited the Safari/Zoo which is also very popular among tourists and locals because of the presence of rare 150 white tigers and 10 Pandas. The entrance fee was not cheap at RMB150 though as senior I enjoyed a concession rate of RMB80.

Zhuhai (珠海) is just next to Macau, a beautiful city having long coast lines and bountiful seafood, fresh and cheap. Its connections to various parts of China is easy through buses. A coach ride to Guangzhou is just over 2 hours. It is here I even saw buses with sleeping berths to longer distances like Fuzhou and Hunan. Trading activities in Zhuhai is brisk, you can buy so many things here that you do not need to go to Guangzhou unless you required bulk purchases. A hot item for sale now is the clone iPhone which only costs RMB750.

This trip being free and easy allowed me and my traveling partner to enjoy quite a sample of good food. Cantonese food is my favourite. For so many mornings we were enjoying the Dim sums at teahouses, very traditional ones especially in Guangzhou. We tried all the famous Cantonese dishes in the various categories like Noodles, Dimsums, Sarhofun/Chicheongfun, Tantong(steamed soup) and Tongshui (deserts).
Luckily for me this time around I did not put on weight because we went for quality rather than quantity.

I shall stop for now otherwise this mail becomes too long winded!

Dajiu

1 comment:

- @ppLe - said...

Da jiu,

It's so nice to travel around.
I wish I will have the chance too.
Haha~
Will work hard to realize this dream~ =D

Lui Peng