
16 November, 2008 will be a day to remember. That is the day Wei Huan and Ying Joo got married!
After much expectation, excitment and preparation, the day finally arrived. It was a wonderful occasion. Judging from the turnout with family members and friends coming from as far as US and Singapore, it was a resounding success and really an auspicious day.
During my speech I said that this once again confirmed that there are so many people
in this world who are good and kind to me!
I had been contemplating on what to say in my speech, to me the all important thing because that was an occasion whereby I could give the young couple some advice.
I started off thanking everyone for their presence and angpow and followed by a short version of the welcoming song from Liu San Jie. Then I went on to thank YJ's mother for bringing up such a fine young lady to be my son's wife and mother to my grandchildren.
I did not forget to mention that Wei Huan is equally outstanding being a first class honours holder with an IQ of 180.
After giving my advice on how to behave as man and wife (with deep meaning in Chinese 好好做人), I sang the song The Blessing (Jackey Cheong 祝福)because I said Wei Huan always asked for my blessings. He asked for my blessing when he proposed to YJ and he again asked my blessing when he wanted to apply to SIA.
I mentioned also that the song reflects my mixed feelings on that day because while being happy, I also felt a pinch of sadness due to his pending departure to Singapore to pursue his dream to be a pilot! The past three years had been a happy life for me mainly due to his sharing the house with me (相依为命). Now the impending departure could be a big blow to me. Now I need to cope with my new life also. I hope my feeling of sadness did not dampen the happy atmosphere.
Anyway, I was told later that the occasion proved to be joyous and warm. I think credit must also be given to the singing group (Is it SAKURA?). The keyboard player and the three girls did a wonderful job-- singing and dancing. Their songs (English as well as Chinese) were good and the dancing superb. The girls were pretty too! Even the children enjoyed so much in participation. The performance was so professional that many friends are asking who they are and how to engage them.
I am now in the process of sending thank you messages to all my friends who were there on that wonderful and memorable night
No comments:
Post a Comment